If you can't find what you are looking for here, please feel free to call our Customer Service department at 1-800-818-LINC (5462).
Can I get cell phone ringtones and Wallpapers for my SouthernLINC Wireless phone?
As a SouthernLINC Wireless customer you can access our ringtones and Wallpapers directly on your cell phone by going to Main Menu -> Browser Apps -> Downloads. You may also access this content on the Web at www.southernlinc.com/downloads.
How will I be charged for purchased Downloads?
Charges for download purchases are billed to your monthly SouthernLINC Wireless billing statement.
How do I get Wallpapers and ringtones from southernlinc.com?
Buying a ringtone or Wallpaper is as easy as 1 - 2 - 3!
- Browse the SouthernLINC Wireless site and find your favorite ringtones and Wallpapers. You can preview ringtones by clicking on the little speaker icon located next to the ringtone title.
- When you're ready to buy a ringtone or Wallpaper, click on the name of the ringtone or the "go" button. For Wallpapers, click on the Wallpaper. You will be asked to enter your phone number. Double check what you enter to make sure that you get your ringtone or Wallpaper.
- You'll receive a text message with a link to your ringtone or Wallpaper. Click on the link and follow the instructions on the screen and you're done!
How do I download a ringtone or Wallpaper through my SouthernLINC Wireless phone?
- From your phone's Main Menu select "Browser Apps." Some phones may not require this option and may simply have a "Downloads" option. If this is the case, you may skip step 2.
- Select "Downloads" and you will be taken to a menu that offers "ringtones" and "Wallpapers."
- Select "ringtones" or "Wallpapers" and search the catalog of items. Once you've chosen the item that you wish to purchase, you will have the opportunity to purchase the ringtone or Wallpaper. Once you've chosen the item that you want to purchase, you will see the name of the download and the price. Scroll down and select "buy." Your download will be billed to your SouthernLINC Wireless account.
- After the download has finished, you will get a notification that states, "Download complete." At this point, exit your browser and now locate the "ringtone" or "Wallpaper". See "How do I assign a ringtone as my default ring?"
What do I do when I receive a Ring tone or Wallpaper on my phone?
Once you order a ringtone or Wallpaper from SouthernLINC, your phone will receive a text message entitled "Get your ringtone" or "Get your Wallpaper." Open the message on your phone and follow the instructions to get the ringtone or Wallpaper.
How do I assign a ringtone as my default ring?
Depending on which phone you own, directions may slightly vary. With most phones, you may follow these directions. For more detailed directions, please refer to your phone's owner's manual
- Step 1 - Locate ringtones on your phone by clicking on the "menu" button and selecting "ringtones" or "Settings."
- Step 2 - Click "assign" to select the ringtone you want as your default.
If you need further assistance, please refer to your phone's owner's manual.
If I download a ringtone from www.southernlinc.com and it does not work, what should I do?
Please use the online help available on this website. If you still have problems, please call SouthernLINC Wireless Customer Care at 1-800-818-LINC (5462).
If I download a ringtone via my SouthernLINC Wireless phone and I cannot find it, what do I do?
It is possible that the ringtone you're looking for is already on your phone but has not been assigned. To confirm, follow the directions from the question in FAQs "How do I assign a ringtone as my default ring?" which will show you which ringtones are already on your phone.
If you have followed those directions and the ringtone is not on your phone, there is a "Purchased Downloads" section of the ringtone catalog which temporarily stores recently ordered tones. To get to Purchased ringtones, select Main Menu -> Browser Apps -> Downloads and finally "ringtones." Under the ringtones menu go to "Purchased Ringtones" and you will be able to find a listing of recently purchased items. Here you are given the opportunity to download the item, free of charge.
I completed the ringtone billing information on my phone but when I try to complete the download, I receive a notification that states Error 901. What does this mean?
This error message indicates that your phone is out of memory and is incapable of completing the download. Please go to the ringtones section of your phone, delete unwanted ringtones and Wallpapers and then return to your "pending downloads" menu and reload the item.
Where do I direct inquiries with regards to billing?
If you have any issues with billing, you may contact SouthernLINC Wireless Customer Support at 1-800-818-LINC (5462). You will be connected to a representative who will be able to assist you with your inquiry.
What is Download Apps?
Download Apps allows you to download Java™-based Games and Applications to your phone once they have been purchased. It comes preloaded on any Java-capable handset. Access it from the phone's Main Menu > Java Apps > Download Apps.
How will I be charged for subscription-based applications?
Subscription-based cell phone applications will be billed for the entire subscription amount when you choose to "buy" the application. The amount will be billed monthly unless cancelled. The amount will not be prorated.
What if I choose to purchase a subscription-based application and then decide to cancel my subscription?
The entire subscription amount will be charged to your SouthernLINC Wireless bill for the month. So if you choose to purchase today and decide later to cancel the subscription, you will be billed the entire monthly subscription.