Information We Collect
Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”) refers to information that relates to the quantity, configuration, type, destination, location and amount of use of the telecommunications Services you purchase from us, as well as the information contained in your bills for those Services. The manner in which we collect, use, disclose and protect your CPNI is specifically described in our CPNI Guide, located at southernlinc.com/privacy/cpni.aspx.
Other Types of Information Collected
SouthernLINC Wireless collects several types of information when web site users visit the web site and in conjunction with its customers’ use of and our provision of Services to customers. Portions of that information may be “Personal Information,” meaning information that identifies or reasonably could be used to identify an individual web site visitor and/or SouthernLINC Wireless customer. In general, we may collect the following types of information:
- When you visit the web site, we may automatically collect certain information about the interactions between your web browser and the web site and other web sites unrelated to the web site, including your IP address, the web pages you visit and how long you visit them. Web browsers may provide certain information that we may also collect, including your time zone, browser type and version and language preferences.
- Customers and persons wishing to become customers of SouthernLINC Wireless may be required to provide certain information (including Personal Information) so that they can properly and fully receive the Services offered. Such information may include contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, in addition to financial information, such as payment information, credit history, credit/debit card number and associated PIN codes, Social Security number and other account-related information.
- Customers also may be required to provide information regarding usage and service history of its Services and other equipment and performance-related information.
How We Collect Information
SouthernLINC Wireless may collect information from you through one or more methods, including the following:
- You may be required to provide us with some or all of the types of information described above when you request, purchase or obtain Services from us or communicate/inquire with us as to the Services that we offer or provide.
- Third party agencies, such as credit bureaus, may provide us with information that we request so that we may offer and/or provide Services to you.
- SouthernLINC Wireless’ independent dealers and sales representatives may provide information to us so that we may provide the Services to you. (Note that applicable customer agreement(s) for Services may govern the receipt, use and disclosure of some information).
- SouthernLINC Wireless may automatically collect certain types of information when you visit the web site, as described in more detail below.
How We Use the Information
Depending upon the type of information collected, SouthernLINC Wireless may use the information in a variety of ways, including:
- To provide you with the Services you have purchased, obtained, or requested;
- To provide customer support and to respond to your questions regarding the Services purchased or requested by you, or for which you have expressed interest;
- To share information with you regarding Services offerings and promotions;
- To deliver customized content/advertising that may be of interest to you;
- For the general support of internal operations, including maintaining functionality of the web site and diagnosing web site issues, analyzing trends, providing more efficient service, maintaining and/or enhancing security for web site visitors and the web site, producing traffic volume statistics and making the web site more useful;
- To protect the confidentiality and security of your account and related information;
- In connection with investigatory efforts, to prevent or respond to suspected or actual illegal activities (including fraud or identity theft); and/or
- For other legally permissible purposes.
We may also share aggregate anonymous data relating to Services transactions on the web site and overall use of the Services for marketing, research and other purposes.
Online Interest Based Advertising
Sharing Your Information
We share your information (including, in some cases, Personal Information) only with third parties that perform services on our behalf, and only as necessary to provide those services. Additionally, we may share such information with third parties as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider.
We may monitor, collect and use your wireless location information, as well as other information contained from our network and your device, to provide you with wireless voice and data services, and to maintain and improve our network. Additionally, some devices feature services based on the general location of your device. With such services, you will receive prior notice and must provide your consent before your location is used or stored.
Our web site is not directed to, nor designed to attract children under the age of 13. Our offer of Services is limited to adults (age 18 or as provided by law). Please refer to applicable customer agreements or terms of service for specific age requirements of each type of Service. WE DO NOT TARGET CHILDREN FOR THE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION ONLINE AND DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ANYONE UNDER AGE 13, UNLESS WE FIRST OBTAIN PERMISSION FROM THAT CHILD’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
Safeguarding Your Information
SouthernLINC Wireless will never ask for your password in an unsolicited telephone call or e-mail. Except as provided in other instructions pertaining to Services, you should never lend, give or otherwise disclose any of your passwords to any unauthorized person. When selecting user names and passwords to set up an account with us, you should choose words or characters that are not obvious.
Third Party Web Sites
Social Media Services
SouthernLINC Wireless has worked with certain third-party social media services to offer you their services through our web site. For example, you can use third-party social media services, including, but not limited to Facebook and Twitter, to share information about your experience on our web site with your friends and followers on those services. Those social media services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our web site. These other services also may notify your friends, both on our web site and on the social media services, themselves, that you are a user of our web site or about your use of our web site, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy practices.
We are happy to address any questions or concerns you may have regarding our privacy practices and policies. You may review your Personal Information upon request, and if necessary, we will correct any such information found to be inaccurate. Email us at .Revised 7/1/2013