This Return Policy (“Policy”) applies to new phones and accessories (“Equipment”) purchased from Southern Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Southern Linc (“our”, “we”, or “us”).
You remain responsible for all terms and conditions of your signed Customer Agreement. In the event of any conflicts between your Customer Agreement and this Policy, your Customer Agreement will prevail.
Please note that the terms of this Policy may be changed from time to time without notice to you. This Policy does not apply to all products offered for sale by us, and is limited to certain phones and accessories.
Please direct any questions regarding this Policy to Customer Solutions at 1-800-406-0151.
Termination of Service.
- If you comply with the terms of this Policy and return your Equipment to us, you may terminate your service for any reason within 15 days of the date on which your Equipment was purchased by you (the “Purchase Date”) without incurring a Termination Charge (as such term is defined in your Customer Agreement).
- If you terminate your service and return your Equipment to us in accordance with the terms of this Policy, you will receive a refund of the purchase price for your Equipment (“Purchase Price”). Refunds are issued in accordance with the procedure described below in the section titled Refunds.
Return of Equipment.
- New Equipment. If you comply with the terms of this Policy, you may return your new Equipment to us within 15 days of the Equipment’s Purchase Date to receive a refund of the Purchase Price of your Equipment. All returned Equipment must comply with the section below titled Equipment Return Requirements. When you make return request, a Return Materials Authorization will be created by us. Refunds are issued in accordance with the procedure described below in the section titled Refunds.
- Upgraded Equipment. . If you comply with the terms of this Policy, you may return your upgraded Equipment to us within 15 days of the Equipment’s Purchase Date to receive a refund of the Purchase Price of your Equipment. When you make return request, a Return Materials Authorization will be created by us. All returned Equipment must comply with the section below titled Equipment Return Requirements. Refunds are issued in accordance with the procedure described below in the section titled Refunds. You may be subject to a Termination Charge per the terms of your Customer Agreement if you are also terminating your service with us.
- Used Equipment. If you purchased used Equipment from us and your used Equipment proves to be defective due to manufacturing defect(s) (to be determined in our sole discretion), then, within 90 days of the Purchase Date, we will replace the defective used Equipment with a comparable used piece of equipment without charge to you.
Equipment Exchange Requirements.
If you are not terminating your service, but wish to return Equipment in exchange for new Equipment (“Exchange”), you must make your request for an Exchange within 15 days of the Equipment’s Purchase Date.
When you make an Exchange request, a Return Materials Authorization will be created by us and you will be invoiced the full amount of the new Equipment. You will be issued a refund or a credit to your Southern Linc account for the Purchase Price of your original Equipment only if your original Equipment meets the return criteria listed above in the section below titled Equipment Return Requirements. Refunds are issued in accordance with the procedure described below in the section titled Refunds.
You will not receive a refund of Service Charges or shipping charges. “Service Charges” are defined as all applicable service fees plus any activation charges, taxes, or other charges that accrued to your account through the date of service deactivation.
Payments made by credit card will be refunded to the credit card used for the original purchase. Payments made by check or cash will be refunded via check made payable to you. If any outstanding and/or past due amounts exist on your account, a credit for the Purchase Price will be issued against all outstanding and/or past due amounts first, with the remaining portion refunded to you. Please allow up to 6 weeks for the processing of a credit to your Southern Linc account or for a refund. No refunds will be issued to you until all outstanding and/or past due amounts have been paid in full and your account is fully satisfied.If we must remove installed Equipment from a vehicle or a fixed location in order for you to return or Exchange it, you will be charged a service fee. Such service fee may be offset against any refund issued to you.
Equipment Return Requirements.
- Equipment must be in like-new condition, including, without limitation, undamaged, no dents, no scratches, no scuffs, no bent antennas, no missing parts, and in good working condition.
- Equipment must not show any defect or damage that may include, without limitation, any signs of being dropped, or any kind of physical abuse, neglect, misuse, wear and tear, or any other damage.
- Equipment must be accompanied by all original accessories that came with the Equipment.
- Equipment must have its original packaging with UPC codes, package inserts, manuals, and books in like-new condition (for example, no handwritten or highlight marks, no ripped pages, no earmarked pages, no stains, and/or undamaged as determined by us in our sole discretion).
- You must present to us the original invoice for the Equipment.
How to Complete a Return/Exchange.
- Stores; Authorized Dealers. If you purchased your Equipment from a Southern Linc store, you must return your Equipment to the store where you made your purchase. If you purchased your Equipment from a Southern Linc Authorized Dealer, you must return your Equipment to the Authorized Dealer.
- Online Store. To initiate returns or Exchanges of Equipment purchased on the Southern Linc Online Store, please contact Customer Solutions at 1-800-406-0151 and press 4 to receive a Return Material Authorization number. Customer Solutions is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The following information is needed when you call Customer Solutions:
- Master account number;
- Reason for return/Exchange,
- Original sales order or online store number, and
- Your contact information.
- You have 10 days from the date that Customer Solutions creates your Return Material Authorization to return the Equipment to us. If your return is not received within 10 days, the return will be canceled by us.
- To receive the full Purchase Price of your Equipment, you must (1) return the Equipment to us at your expense by a shipping method with tracking capabilities to the return address provided through Customer Solutions; and (2) comply with the section above titled Equipment Return Requirements. All Online Store returns must be accompanied by the original packing slip.
Your Equipment may be subject to certain product warranties. Please review our Equipment Warranty for more information.